Relaxing restrictions before were ready... Winter 2021 edition

I'm excited! I'm excited! I still have an A1C above 10% (6.5% being the cut off to be diagnosed as type 2 diabetic) but I got down below the 20% I jumped up to recently after doubling my A1C. As a result of my decline in A1C, I'm going to stop exercising and watching what I eat, even though in the last couple weeks my efforts have shown less progress than they had a month ago..... what? you think that's a bad plan? You think I should keep working toward my goals and not let up, especially with cases not reducing as quickly with the current restrictions as they were just a few weeks ago and that I should be cautious about the plan to re-open further and then go to phase 4 in March even though the schedule for vaccinations doesn't have us even reaching the general population by then? Sorry, did I confuse you with my shift in topics where at first you thought I was talking about weight loss and now you understand that I'm talking about the fact that we're still seeing more than 7 times as many cases as we did last summer and the reduction in both cases and hospitalizations has shrunk in the last couple weeks and are talking about going to the next phase of re-opening without a rationale for that plan? Sorry, you probably should have known where this was going, especially given which blog you were reading ;)

Disclaimer: I do have type 2 diabetes but have never reached 20% A1C.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Switching to Wastewater Monitoring Only

MA Wastewater Tracking (23-Jan-2024 data)

Fun with MA COVID-19 Reporting 18-Jun-2020 edition